Preparing for Birth: Postpartum Care
Welcome to the eighth week in our 10 week series on Preparing for Birth! This week’s focus is on Postpartum Care. Having a natural birth, I thought recovery would be a breeze (and for a lot of women it is) but it was definitely a more challenging time that I anticipated. I thought it would be good to share some of the things moms experience after the baby is born physically so if you haven’t given birth before, you would be aware and be prepared.
I’ll share what I am doing to prepare for the postpartum recovery period this time around and how I’m getting things ready for our family.
These moms have some great things to share about postpartum care as well:
- Having a freezer full of nutritious meals makes the weeks after birth much easier. Here are a few of That Mama Gretchen’s favorite recipes!
- Click Clack Gorilla shares a post on postpartum bellies, and why we should be proud of them!
- Have you thought about consuming your placenta postpartum? If so, Dionna at Code Name: Mama has five delicious placenta smoothie recipes!
- Lactating Girl ate her placenta, both raw in smoothies and encapsulated later on. It saved her sanity in the most literal sense. Dealing with intense postpartum depression after her second daughter was born, she would have been medicated if she didn’t have these ʺhappy pillsʺ to turn to. She’d recommend it for anyone.
- Authentic Parenting shares how to be the perfect postpartum partner, chinese recipes to help with postpartum recovery and ways to ease the postpartum hospital stay.
Want to participate? Learn more in my Call for Submissions post.
Leave a Reply