Preparing for Birth: Birth Stories
Welcome to the first week in our 10 week series on Preparing for Birth! This week’s focus is on birth stories. I love reading birth stories and believe it really helped me in my first pregnancy and birth to read and listen to many to get an idea of what birth was like. I especially loved the ones in Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth as they all showed how natural birth really is.
I’ll be sharing Marcella’s full birth story for the first time on the blog but I have written here and there about her birth. When I shared the benefits of water birth, I discussed some aspects of her birth and in my journey to motherhood post, I did as well.
Along with my birth story, I also have several others to share with you!
- Melissa of Vibrant Wanderings shares the story of her natural hospital birth.
- Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children shares the unassisted birth stories of her four children: The First Birth, The Second Birth, TheThird Birth, The Fourth Birth.
- Musing Mommy shares her birth story.
- Gretchen of That Mama Gretchen shares a long but wonderful story all about her daughter’s grand entrance.
- The story of a home birth turned hospital birth turned c-section delivery from Click Clack Gorilla. It’s a tumultuous story, but it has a very happy ending.
- Though Adrienne of Mommying My Way’s firstborn son came into the world earlier than expected, his birth was still a wonderful experience that has fueled her desire to teach others about childbirth.
- Dionna at Code Name: Mama prepared for her second birth by focusing on trusting her body. Her preparation paid off – Ailia’s birth was a much more peaceful experience than Kieran’s marathon birth four years prior.
Want to participate? Learn more in my Call for Submissions post.
Leave a Reply