Onya Baby Outback Baby Carrier
I recently had the pleasure of receiving a very unique baby carrier, the Onya Baby Outback. It is a soft structured carrier, and while there are many great soft structured baby carriers in the market you could buy, this one has a special feature that I really, really like. Not only can you carry your little one around hands free, it also is a chair harness for your baby! How neat is that??
First, let me tell you about some of the other neat features the Onya Baby Outback has because the chair harness isn’t the only one.
- The material – The Outback style has a durable, water-resistant, rip-stop nylon exterior and an air-mesh lining. We put this to the test on a playdate in a not so shady park. It was in the 80’s, but my little Jude’s back did not get sweaty!
- The height – The back of this is high, the highest I’ve tried at 18″. That means you’ll be able to wear your child well into toddlerhood.
- Pockets! I love the pockets! There are 2 fairly big zippered pockets to stash your stuff in.
- Loops – Toy loops and a D-ring loop for your key are nifty features of the Onya Baby Carrier.
- Sleeping hood – A lot of soft structured carriers have a hood but what I like about this one is the storage pouch closes with magnets which makes it really easy to close with one hand and the hood seems to stay put more easily, too.
We’ve been all over the place with our Onya Outback: the grocery store, the park and playground, hiking, eating out, outdoor festivals and shopping. It’s a really cool looking carrier, too, in my opinion. (I have the Burnt Orange/Slate Gray but it also comes in Chocolate Chip/Olive Green.) I can see any caregiver feeling comfortable wearing this since it’s pretty neutral, not overly masculine or feminine.
It’s designed for infants starting at 15 lbs so since my little Jude is under that at this point, we are using it right now with the Ergo Performance insert and that works beautifully with the Onya. Alternately, you could try rolling up a towel to put under baby’s bottom as suggested on the Onya Baby blog if your babe is just a little short for the carrier.
So, the coolest part? The chair harness! Jude LOVES it! Every single time we put him in it, he smiles and smiles. I love seeing those sweet smiles! It’s a pretty simple process, too which is good since I’m not the best at putting things together. Rest assured, if I could do it by myself, it is definitely easy. You basically lay it over a chair, tighten the straps, pull the harness out of the hidden pocket and put your baby in. Below is a video showing you the process if you’re a visual person like me.
I’d recommend this if you are out a lot where the heat might deter you from wanting to wear baby close since the air-mesh lining helps with air circulation and keeping you and babe dry. And, of course the chair harness makes it extremely convenient when you’re out and about and find yourself taking a rest. Onya Baby also makes another model called the Onya Baby Cruiser which isn’t as outdoorsy looking if you’re not a fan of the rip-stop nylon material. All in all I’m really glad we have one! We use it all the time!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post but did receive a complimentary Onya Outback Baby Carrier for the purpose of this review. I was not required to give a positive review and all opinions are 100% my own. I only review products that I either have purchased myself and love or products I have been given a chance to review by the company that I believe are products my readers would benefit from. Amazon links are affiliate links.
Leave a Reply