Welcome to the third week in our 10 week series on Preparing for Birth! This week’s focus is on Choosing a Care Provider. You don’t have to go with the first person that’s recommended to you or use your gynecologist. Just because they are a good fit for your gynecological health doesn’t mean they will meet your needs for the birth you desire.
I’ll be sharing my process for choosing a care provider for my three pregnancies this week and also have these to share with you!
- Birth is a matter of trust at Living Peacefully with Children.
- Musing Mommy shares her post, The Difference of a Midwife.
- If you are looking for a new pediatrician, Dionna at Code Name: Mama offers questions to ask that focus on natural parenting concerns.
- Click Clack Gorilla shares part one in a two-part series about how she decided on her midwife (and why she decided to go with midwife care and not plan for the classic hospital route). She also touches on midwifery in Germany (where she lives) in general.
- Lactating Girl of Adventures of Lactating Girl feels it’s important that you feel safe with the care provider that you choose for your birth, even a home birth midwife. While most of the questions that she ended up asking the woman who helped her while she was birthing her second daughter ended up being unnecessary, they still helped her to get a better feel of what kind of midwife she was and how she could help her get the birth she deserved.
- Julie of Inexplicable Ways gives tips on preparing for a smooth hospital birth.
- Have you considered the midwife model of care? Dionna at Code Name: Mama shares how it might look different from the care you would receive with a more traditional OB.
Want to participate? Learn more in my Call for Submissions post.