Going Where No Stroller has Gone Before with My Beco Soleil
If you follow my blog at all, you know that I’m a big fan of babywearing. Strapping on your baby is the ultimate for the mom on the go. Beco came out with a new soft structured carrier, the Soleil, in April this year that makes being on the go with your baby a breeze. (They also have the Beco Gemini, which I love!) You can see baby Jude and me strolling along downtown with ease in this little video as well as see up close and personal some of the special features of the carrier.
The Soleil can start from newborn and goes up to toddler. You just need an insert if you are wearing a newborn or small baby. Beco has super cute matching inserts as well as other matching accessories like a crossbody bag that can attach seamlessly to the front of the Soleil, drooling pads and an extra large sleeping hood. (The Soleil does come standard with a smaller sleeping hood that can be removed completely with snaps if desired.)
Things I Liked About the Soleil
- The padding on the headrest is really nice.
- Also, the same padding on the legs is awesome. I feel like this makes it even more comfy for baby.
- I like that you can completely remove the hood if you want to. I rarely use hoods so I loved that I could just take it off.
- This is a larger carrier so going into toddlerhood should be a breeze.
- I love the matching accessories. The bag especially looks really nice with the carrier, and not like an extra bulky piece.
- I love the prints that are available.
- You have the ability to cross the straps in the back or where backpack style which makes it a easier to get the perfect fit.
Things that Weren’t My Favorite
- Being petite, it felt a little big for me. My son is also on the small side so it was a bit bigger than I’d like for us for this stage. I imagine as he gets bigger, it will fit better which makes it great for most other moms.
- While I love that the hood detaches, this could pose a problem with losing it if you aren’t careful.
- I wish the pocket on the waist belt was bigger. I couldn’t fit anything in it personally.
As you can see, I have a lot more pluses than minuses with the Soleil! What are your must haves when on-the-go?
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post but Beco did send me a Beco Soleil for the purpose of this review. I was not required to give a positive review and all opinions are 100% my own. Amazon links are affiliate links.
Leave a Reply