Summer is Here!
I am proud and honored to be volunteer with the Natural Parents Network (NPN), a community of natural-minded parents and parents-to-be where you will be informed, empowered, and inspired. When you visit the NPN’s website you can find articles and posts about Activism, Balance, Consistent Care, Ecological Responsibility, Family Safety, Feeding With Love, Gentle Discipline, Healthy Living, Holistic Health, Natural Learning, Nurturing Touch, Parenting Philosophies, Practical Home Help, Preparing for Parenting, Responding With Sensitivity, Safe Sleep, and so much more!
The volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to make NPN the outstanding resource it is also spend countless hours informing and inspiring others on their personal blogs.
This month, the Natural Parents’ Network Volunteers are sharing posts that are in the spirit of Summer! The posts shared here are wide and varied in topics but all encompass that which symbolizes Summer; slowing down, relaxing, rejuvenation, reconnecting, enjoying nature, regrouping, travel, fun and adventure, health and vitality, and simplicity.
You will read posts that address summer fun – activities for children, travel, seasonal traditions, and the like. Other posts discuss the importance of slowing down, reconnecting with your family after the end of a busy school year, getting out into nature, and plain old relaxation. Our volunteers are also sharing posts related to gardening, healthy living, and healthy eating. Plus there is everything in between.
We hope you enjoy reading these posts as much as we enjoyed writing them. We are always looking for new volunteers so please, contact us if you are interested. Just a few hours per month can help other mamas in a huge way!
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama shares 50 Ways to Explore and Connect to Nature With Your Children. This list of ideas will definitely get you outside, enjoying the warm summer days together as a family! You can also find Jennifer on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Momma Jorje offers dehydration warning signs to help prepare you for Summer outings with your littles and advice on keeping your children hydrated. You can also find Momma Jorje on Facebook and Twitter.
- Julia at A Little Bit of All of It shares 10 ways to stay cool this summer while having fun with your kids. You can also find A Little Bit of All of It on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Farmer’s Daughter and her Country Boys visit fields of sunflowers, meet some cows and enjoy farm fresh ice cream for a great cause in Sunflowers for Wishes. Keep up with their adventures on Facebook and Twitter.
- Lyndsay of ourfeministplayschool, shares her family’s secret urban summer escape in Tourist in Our Own City. You can also find Lyndsay on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- It’s time for fresh, local produce – do you know how to get the best deals when you go to the farmer’s market? Dionna from Code Name: Mama got all of the insider secrets from her local farmers to bring you 9 Insider Tips for Farmer’s Market Newbies. See if you can’t score more the next time you visit!
- It’s easy to get caught up in fun summer activities, but often the most memorable summers are filled with the simple activities. Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children shares some of her favorite summer activities with her children. Perhaps you, too, will be inspired to take it easy and share fun and yet easy memories with your children this summer.
- Angela from Earth Mama’s World shares her recipe for Homemade Natural Sunburn Relief Spray. Angela and her family live at the beach so this spray gets a bunch of use during the summer! You can find Angela on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply