Preparing for Birth: Advice for the New Mom
Welcome to the final week in our 10 week series on Preparing for Birth! This week’s focus is on Advice for the New Mom.
I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts later this week on the advice I’d like to share as well as a guest post on Caring for Your Infant’s Teeth and Gums.
Here are some more great reads on the topic:
- We’ve all heard of the “What to Expect” series. Natural Parents Network presents 25 things to think about when you’re expecting and wanting a more natural pregnancy, birth, and parenting experience.
- It’s nice to have help after the birth of a baby, but sometimes you’re not sure what kind of help you’ll need. Dionna at Code Name: Mama has come up with 20 ways that your friends and family can help you – email this post to them with a big “hint hint!” in the title.
- Hybrid Rasta Mama shares this list which looks at her take on the 5 items you will need, the 5 items you will never use, and the 5 items that might be worth investing in for your baby. She also shares a reflection on how fleeting babyhood and childhood is and why we need to savor each moment.
- Authentic Parenting shares how to prevent and treat mastitis.
- As a new mama, That Mama Gretchen reflects on Boobs & Babiesthrough a 3-part series.
Be on the lookout this week for a post on Code Name: Mama with advice on how to enjoy those final few weeks before #2 is born and a post on Rachel Heath‘s site.
Other topics in the Preparing for Birth Series:
Leave a Reply